Duran Duran en mi vida
Los dos mil me llevaron de nuevo a Tenerife, donde tuve a mi hija y se rompió la familia de reciente creación cuando mi hija era tan sólo un bebé de menos de seis meses. También coincidió con cambios de trabajo, con lo cual, las convulsiones en esos años en mi vida fueron de gran calado. Mi vida cambió al nacer mi hija. Mientras tanto, Duran Duran decidía reunirse de nuevo, los miembros originales para sacar a la luz “Astronaut”. Para mí, todas las canciones de este disco no tienen desperdicio. Puedo oírlas en mi casa, en el coche y tararearlas mientras paseo a Venus y soy la mujer más feliz del mundo…
Tengo que agradecer mucho a estos “viejunos”:
– Haber aprendido el idioma inglés, tanto escrito como hablado, con ganas, gustándome.
– Haberme aportado momentos de dicha, de bailes, de cante con su música.
– Haber conocido a grandes personas a través de ellos.
– Haber hecho que no desfalleciera en los peores momentos: ellos no lo han hecho y han sido un ejemplo.
– Haber tenido un mensaje positivo para cada momento preciso.
– … ¡Y tantas cosas más!
El otro día me inspiré a escribir este artículo mientras estaba con mi MP4 paseando a mi Venus: miré al cielo y me dije que Duran Duran me había influenciado en muchas facetas de mi vida, pero, sobre todo, siempre me han animado en los buenos y malos momentos. Siempre he escuchado las letras de las canciones y me han inspirado para sentirme mejor. Hay una parte de la canción “(reach up for the) Sunrise” que me hizo sentir bien con la situación actual que vivo:
Así espero pronto salir de la oscuridad a través del cambio, cuando todo renace… ¡Y que este año sea el de ir a verles en concierto allá donde toquen y pueda ir con mi mejor amiga!
Make feminism dissapear
How to write an article about feminism now that is so fashioned? How to make feminism be understood and why its existance? And above all: Why do I want feminism to dissapear?
A song from Offspring (Self Esteem) came to my rescue. It tells the story of an abusive relationship in which she brushes aside the boy, bugs out on him, insults him and even cheats on him… Ridiculous and funny situation at the time, right?: what a henpecked guy… until you change things up and it didn´t look like a parody anymore (and I´m not saying that all men are al the same and we, women, are always the victim).
That´s why that I decided to revert the roles like the song did so the persons that can´t understand what feminism stands for. Now I want you, men, to imagine a world in which:
- You have to think carefully where to walk on the street in case someone comes to you and assaults you… more so if it´s at night time…
- You have to take some of your time grooming yourself a lot (creams, make up, hair…) because society and the beauty canons for men say you have to do it. If you don´t, you´re not men enough.
- You assume that you don´t have to earn the same salary than the rest, no matter how much you study or work, just because you´re men.
- A position in life has been imposed to you that means that your professional goals and achievements are not important but if you were able to create and keep a family or how well dressed you always are.
- To get that dream job you have to “pay the price” and let the powerful do or suffer degrading situations. If you don´t fall into line, the most probable situation is that that job will be given to other that has accepted the contract holder´s whim.
- When an abuse is reported from others to you, the idea that you consented the situation and all the versions of the story wouldn´t count, because you didn´t show rejection and let them did what they did. Yes, it has happened in Spain!!!
- Even when you had straight As at the university, it is expected from you, guys, that you professional aspirations are left behind to form a family and support your partners in their own professional career…
- When someone has to decide to reduce their working hours to take care of the family, the men are the persons that decide to cut their salaries and expectations, because that´s the situacion that is expected from them.
- When a man goes out with many women he´s called a whore that is worth nothing and a woman that goes out with many men is a real woman. The double standard.
- It´s possible that our boss at work force you to wear with certain clothes (normally sexy ones) and if someone resists to do so, this boss tells him that there are plenty men on the street that would like to have that job and won´t complaint as much.
- The songs that we hear talk about women having affairs with men (at the same time or not), how they (the women) play with men, with their feelings, how the men are going to receive what they deserve and it seems absolutely normal. Your sons will hear it and will think it absolutely normal that a woman would come and abuse them: you wouldn´t care less that your son would hum these type of songs.
- Women believe that men´s bodies were created just for their personal satisfaction: society has shown it as a normal situation. Any ad you see it´s a portrait of this idea.
- The legislatives decide to create laws in which it tells men when it´s ok to reproduce or when it´s necessary to do a vasectomy… and all of them are women that do not understand the men´s nature.
- Some women believe that, because men were created just for their personal satisfaction and they are in this world to serve them, when some men rises up and doesn´t want to continue a toxic relationship, they (the women) decide that “with them or with no one” and kill those men because.
Do you need more reverse examples to realise the situation? I could write many other examples but I don´t want to extent the article much more. For these examples and many more is why I desire feminism to reach its goal: to make a person be judged because of being a person, not because of his/her gender. When this happens, feminism automatically will stop existing, it wouldn´t have a reason to be. That day everyone will have to make a party to celebrate. I´m afraid that there´s so much to be done still that I won´t be seeing the day. We are on the way: don´t stop fighting.
I invite you to watch a video from 1971… not that far away…
Welcome to my blog / Bienvenid@ a mi blog
If you want to know anything else about me, I invite you to read this blog.
Si quieres conocer algo más de mi, te invito a que leas este blog.